RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Theme Time Radio Hour Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic    www.DylanRadio.com Forum Index » DylanRadio.com Forums View previous topic
View next topic

Theme Time Radio Hour
Mutch820
Roadie

Post Reply with quote
If the time comes, and this will have to do,
then the fact would have to be true.
That the site is down
And we'll all leave town
Because of what Edie has to do

Jim
Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:44 pm View user's profile Send private message
edie
Dylan Addict

Post Reply with quote
Another addiction--the limerick! Thanks for your understanding, Jim! Wink
Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:19 pm View user's profile Send private message
Walrus
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
ROTFL! That was great, Jim! Nearly made my spew tea across my keyboard though!

Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:24 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
edie
Dylan Addict

Post Reply with quote
Today's theme, "Dreams" was memorable on a few scores: Ending with: "Let your dream devour your life and not your life devour your dream."

I now know that knowing I'm dreaming mid-dream is universal. Who knew?

His discussion of ADD was intelligent--emphasizing spending time with kids and not rushing into medication. And yes, Bob, we are very glad you were a day-dreamer, and I think I speak for a few if I agree, you didn't turn out too bad. Cool
Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:08 pm View user's profile Send private message
edie
Dylan Addict

Post What Dylan Said About Johnny Rivers' Cover Reply with quote
Wlarus: Was it on Theme Time that Dylan said Rivers put across Positively 4th St. better than he, himself, did?
Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:00 am View user's profile Send private message
Walrus
Site Admin

Post Re: What Dylan Said About Johnny Rivers' Cover Reply with quote
edie wrote:
Wlarus: Was it on Theme Time that Dylan said Rivers put across Positively 4th St. better than he, himself, did?

Haven't the foggiest clue, as I'm unfamiliar with that quote.

Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:31 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
edie
Dylan Addict

Post "Chronicles" Reply with quote
Ok, Mr. Google confirms that Dylan says Rivers sings Pos. 4th Street better than he in *Chronicles.* I guess Sean's voice makes me drowsey. Wink
Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:12 am View user's profile Send private message
edie
Dylan Addict

Post Fun Quotes From/About Theme Time Reply with quote
"My friend’s wife is a really bad cook. I broke a tooth on her coffee”

“America is certainly the great melting pot. Where else could someone like Slim Gaillard sing a tribute to matzoh balls and gefilte fish? It’s the kind of thing that makes me proud to be an American. Sing it, Slim.”

"People have long wondered what goes on in Bob Dylan’s mind. But if you pay attention to what he says and plays on his XM satellite-radio program, Theme Time Radio Hour, you can actually get a pretty good idea."
Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:50 am View user's profile Send private message
edie
Dylan Addict

Post Bob Quoting the King Reply with quote

I thought I'd put this out there for anyone who missed Theme Time's show on the "Devil": Bob quoted Elvis as saying the reason he wore a cross, star of David and a chai (Hebrew symbol meaning "Life,") was because he didn't want to miss out on Heaven due to a technicality. Btw, re Bob's pronunciation of the word "chai," it's nice to hear a (born-again) Christian pronouncing the Hebrew "ch" correctly for a change. Laughing Laughing

Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:27 am View user's profile Send private message
edie
Dylan Addict

Post "Old Shep" Memory Reply with quote

When I was a pre-teen, our beloved pet, a collie-spitz named "Whitie" was run over and killed by her good buddy the milkman, who she rode his route with daily; the poor guy didn't see Whitie as he backed up one morning. Whenever Elvis sang Old Shep on the radio, I cried my heart out for Whitie. Crying or Very sad Well at least Elvis helped me mourn the loss.

Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:35 am View user's profile Send private message
edie
Dylan Addict

Post Interesting Critique of Theme Time Reply with quote

Rolling Stone calls the show “revelatory…Dylan’s song choices are impressively varied,” and the Boston Herald says of Dylan as DJ, “he’s informative, funny…his taste is impeccable.” As one of the many accomplishments of the show, the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum added the “baseball” episode of “Theme Time Radio Hour” to its archives in June 2006.

Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:39 am View user's profile Send private message
Leacroft

Post Reply with quote
can't wait for season 3 to start! Very Happy
Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:44 am View user's profile Send private message
paivilinjama

Post Reply with quote
Amazon.co.uk have finally sent me my CDs - yesterday.

After all other people have already got theirs Evil or Very Mad

Will no more book something in forehand Twisted Evil

Edit: Yesterday I've linked alla my forums and home pages to Dylanradio.com. Hope I'll turn out to be somewhat useful for this great site!

Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:44 am View user's profile Send private message
edie
Dylan Addict

Post My Review of Theme Time Radio Hour Picked up by Sat.Radio Reply with quote
Tune in to Bob Dylan on radio for songs, poems, wit

You Be the Critic

I enjoy everything I hear on Theme Time Radio Hour, the weekly XM Satellite Radio show hosted by Bob Dylan that debuted on May 3, 2006.

This cerebral, critically-acclaimed hour uses the slogan: "Dreams, Schemes, and Themes;" it's apt! Each show brings you back to your musical dreams of the past and likely introduces you to some new ones. It's done via a schematic concept, whereby the songs, poetry, nostalgia and wit all relate to each show's specific theme - spring cleaning, Halloween, birds, Texas, baseball - just about any topic you can imagine.

The music selections, said to be hand-picked from Dylan's private collection, run the gamut of genre and time-period: blues, jazz, soul and pop as examples; from Fats Waller, Dinah Washington and Louis Armstrong, to the Andrews Sisters, Patti Paige and Rick Nelson.

The more obscure songs and artists are lively and interesting, and it's always fun to hear how they relate to the theme. One critic called Dylan's taste in music "impeccable." I agree.

With each song and artist come all manner of personal and historical facts. Also heard are the commercials, promos and jingles of yesteryear. Witty comments from Dylan add to the fun.

Dylan also quotes others; here's an example from his radio-themed show: "Radio is the theater of the mind. Television is the theater of the mindless." - Steve Allen.

Also delightful are Dylan's poetry readings, from the likes of Shakespeare, Frost, Plath, Tennyson, Yeats and Shelley. You'll also get advice on such things as raising kids, how to hang drywall and cooking.

From the man who was recently awarded an honorary Pulitzer for his contributions to American music, culture and poetry these past 40-plus years, and who has remained relevant and true to himself throughout, Themetime Radio Hour is really nothing new under the Dylan sun.
Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:14 pm View user's profile Send private message
MMMMLY

Post paging doctor dylan Reply with quote
doctors is my fav, its the sexiest
Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:09 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website

Reply to topic    www.DylanRadio.com Forum Index » DylanRadio.com Forums All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: