RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Four Dead In Ohio - Kent State - May 4th 1970

Reply to topic    www.DylanRadio.com Forum Index » DylanRadio.com Forums View previous topic
View next topic

Four Dead In Ohio - Kent State - May 4th 1970
g6120s

Post Four Dead In Ohio - Kent State - May 4th 1970 Reply with quote
I know, not Dylan related but I wanted to put something together for the 40th anniversary of this tragic event.
I think the fact that Dylan is a huge Neil Young fan perhaps makes it Dylan related in a way.

In remembrance of the four students who died on May 4th, 1970 at Kent State University. Shot down by the National Guard. A very dark day in American history and a tragedy that did not have to happen and let's hope will never happen again. 9 more students were wounded that day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwZNLdi-L8w
Fri May 07, 2010 5:52 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
SeasickSailor

Post Reply with quote
Interesting article on this topic from today's Guardian:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2010/may/06/ohio-neil-young-kent-state-shootings
Fri May 07, 2010 6:34 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
g6120s

Post Reply with quote
SeasickSailor wrote:
Interesting article on this topic from today's Guardian:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2010/may/06/ohio-neil-young-kent-state-shootings

Very cool article thanks!

Also, just today I was talking with some parents who were in their 30s and mentioned the Kent State killings. They had absolutely no idea what I was talking about. Had never heard of it before. So I put it into perspective for them. I said "Imagine if you sent your child off to a University and then one day Got the news that your child was shot dead by our National Guard all because our own government had primed them into Believing that these anti-war protesting students were a serious risk to national security"

Their eyes went wide as it sank in. Then I said "This really did happen 40 years ago in this country" One of the students killed was simply walking to her next class. Several of the wounded were bystanders. The young parents I spoke with learned something today. I cannot believe this could be forgotten. Convinces me that this needs to be told again and again.
Sat May 08, 2010 6:03 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website

Reply to topic    www.DylanRadio.com Forum Index » DylanRadio.com Forums All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: