RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Theme Time Radio Hour Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic    www.DylanRadio.com Forum Index » DylanRadio.com Forums View previous topic
View next topic

Theme Time Radio Hour
marz5775

Post Tiny Tim and Bob Reply with quote
edie wrote:
Just re-read your post about the harmonica, Jim, and I remembered that my brother, Bob (deceased) used to play a harmonica in his teens and it would inspire our dog, Whitie (Collie-Spitz), to start wailing with his snout in a vertical position. Did we ever get a kick out of that.

Does anyone else think Dylan may have been pals with Tiny Tim? Tiny Tim sure seemed to be mimic ing Bob, that's my impression anyways. And didn't Tiny even put on white face like the Master? I'm sure Bob was no stranger to weirdness. Wink [/b][/i]

Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:57 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
davepoth

Post Re: Tiny Tim and Bob Reply with quote
marz5775 wrote:
edie wrote:

Does anyone else think Dylan may have been pals with Tiny Tim? Tiny Tim sure seemed to be mimic ing Bob, that's my impression anyways. And didn't Tiny even put on white face like the Master? I'm sure Bob was no stranger to weirdness. Wink [/b][/i]

It's likely. Tiny Tim did a few songs for a film called "You Are What You Eat", which he recorded with the band at Big Pink. Listening to the frankly hilarious cover of "Be My Baby" is rather interesting, since you can hear guitar, bass, drums, keyboard and piano. With Levon Helm not being there at the time Richard Manuel would have been on the drums, which would leave a Bob shaped gap on the piano. The piano sections certainly sound wonky enough. Peter Yarrow says otherwise though.

http://theband.hiof.no/albums/boot_down_in_the_basement.html
Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:14 pm View user's profile Send private message
Alionekk

Post Love the Bob. Reply with quote
Im only brand new to Theme time....I cant believe I havent been listening to it for all this time!!! I love it. I love hearing Bob's beautiful voice. Love love love.
Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:56 am View user's profile Send private message
steelpulse
Roadie

Post Reply with quote
I do believe he was friends with tiny tim. he said in that documentrary that tiny tim went on before him at a club and that he ate some of his food. something like that. he also said that tiny tim knew all kinds of instrumental sheet music. something to that effect. on one of these radio shows. i have to admit that tiny tim freaked me out as a kid. to me he was like that creepy dude on chitty chitty bang bang.
Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:14 pm View user's profile Send private message
Wilbur
Dylan Addict

Post Reply with quote
Hahaha...that's funny...Tiny Tim as Child Catcher...tip toe to the children...hahahaha...

Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:55 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Restless Farewell
Roadie

Post Reply with quote
Thanks for all that great info about TTR. I had no idea those emails were made up! I love listening to Bob on the Radio. Unfortunately I cant listen live,but I love to listen to the shows on DR. He is good at whatever he does. Amazing!!!! Bob never ceases to impress me. What a great radio voice he has!
Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:17 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

Reply to topic    www.DylanRadio.com Forum Index » DylanRadio.com Forums All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: