RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reasons for 2 Bans (the repost)

Reply to topic    www.DylanRadio.com Forum Index » DylanRadio.com Forums View previous topic
View next topic

Reasons for 2 Bans (the repost)
Walrus
Site Admin

Post Reasons for 2 Bans (the repost) Reply with quote
This topic was auto-pruned for it's age, but it seems that I need to repost it. I banned two users in July, 2009 and because these individuals continue to complain about it, offering contradictory opinions that it was for "no reason" or for some reason they thought up on their own, I offered the following clarification as a response:

Quote:
A couple of recent bans have been the subject of much speculation and misinformation, and since I believe in protecting my users' privacy (even the banned ones), I haven't publicly discussed the details. However, since other parties have been publicly disseminating misinformation on the matter, allow me to take this brief moment to clarify a few points:

- At total of 2 individuals received perma-bans.
- Both individuals were contacted privately before any bans were issued, and attempts made to calm the situation.
- Nobody was perma-banned for name-calling or making dedications (though denial of name-calling was a factor in one case)
- One of those individuals encouraged me to ban them. After repeated denials of fact (a behaviour I characterized as being "intentionally obtuse"), multiple accusations of wrongdoing on the part of myself and others, the individual advised "...when you want to ban me do it" and later "please, if I say anything you dont like ban me, I cant take much more of this crap anyway."
- The second user indicated an intention to "ban themselves" stating, "I'm not gonna give him [Walrus] the chance, I'll be banning myself as soon as I take care of a few things."

Hopefully that will make the matter a little more understandable to interested parties. Since the day I put this site online, more than three years ago, I have issued a grand total of only 4 permanent bans. It's not something I do lightly, but here's a Handy Safety Tip: if you are belligerent and encourage me to ban you, there's a strong possibility I might take you up on it.

Further, I wish no ill will toward either of these individuals (which is why I'm not naming names or publishing emails for your amusement). Just because I've revoked their invitation to listen to tunes in my basement (a good analogy for this site) doesn't mean I hate them or wish anything bad for them. To the contrary, I wish them all the best in their future endeavours. It's just that those future endeavours won't include hanging out at my place, listening to my Dylan collection.

I don't know how it could be any clearer, but there it is. Again.

Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:14 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Restless Farewell
Roadie

Post There are always bound to be a few bad apples in the bunch Reply with quote
Thats very unfortunate how people can act like that on such a great radio station. Happy new year Pete and thanks for keeping this station going!
Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:18 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
steelpulse
Roadie

Post Reply with quote
4 bans thats nothing. its your site you can do whatever you like. sony site people were getting banned every hour on the hour. hahahahah
Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:42 pm View user's profile Send private message
steelpulse
Roadie

Post Reply with quote
i liked dan levy. he had to do what he had to do. your site rocks. its really nobodys but your own. your a dylan freak. just like the rest of the dylan freaks. so dont bring this shit up again. you havent banned because of political reasaons and religion so f these people. your site rocks. i thank you very much because i cant get all these bootlegs. i just love dylan music and this is what this site is all about. so the idiot winds who want to know why people got banned. go f ind what your looking for and leave this cat alone.
Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:14 am View user's profile Send private message
buttermilk

Post Reply with quote
I`ll never give you reason to ban me.
But if I do start getting on you nerves.
I do get on some peoples nerves.
Or so my Mrs tells me..Please dont ban me..please...

As for the other.
Ban um..I say.. if they have no respect Ban them.
love ya all... Just you do whats best for all of us.
You are the keepers of the faith..

keep it up.. Its a hard job... but some suckers gotta do it.

can you get an arse lick smilley 4 me?
Laughing
Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:55 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website

Reply to topic    www.DylanRadio.com Forum Index » DylanRadio.com Forums All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: