RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Breaks From Bob Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    www.DylanRadio.com Forum Index » DylanRadio.com Forums View previous topic
View next topic

Breaks From Bob
Walrus
Site Admin

Post Breaks From Bob Reply with quote
I've started a new "mini-show" called "Break from Bob" that highlights some other artists. Please vote on the poll, and post some feedback. If you have an artist you'd like to see highlighted, let me know.

Last edited by Walrus on Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:20 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Wilbur
Dylan Addict

Post Reply with quote
Well, I voted "Meh - ..." because I'm really not sure...

First thing is: A break from Bob's music - who needs it?
Second is: It's just for ten minutes (twice) - who cares?
Third is: Young, unknown bands usually don't get that much support - so it's a good idea!
And Fourth: At a DylanRadio program - who'd REALLY listen to music not related to Dylan (at least)?

So...."Meh - ..."

Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:22 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Mutch820
Roadie

Post Reply with quote
Voted to drop em, I came here for Dylan. Smile I get a break form him everytime I get in my car...

Jim
Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:45 pm View user's profile Send private message
paivilinjama

Post Reply with quote
I'm here for Bob.
Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:59 pm View user's profile Send private message
ocgypsy

Post Reply with quote
As long as they don't take over & it becomes something else....maybe.
have to see what you're picking ----

Cool

have a hard time with a Lot of the covers so.....
we'll see
Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:48 pm View user's profile Send private message
Wilbur
Dylan Addict

Post Reply with quote
ocgypsy wrote:

have a hard time with a Lot of the covers so.....

Pfffft....

Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:56 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
jfpjr

Post Reply with quote
I can get enough of the other music elsewhere, I love the all Bob format, but I enjoy the covers too.
Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:29 pm View user's profile Send private message
Walrus
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
This is all great feedback, folks, thanks!

Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:32 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Wilbur
Dylan Addict

Post Reply with quote
That's funny, because I thought about a shorter period of time (an hour or an afternoon) first. I finally suggested a day because in case of a world wide radio you always got lots of people who can't listen at the time you give (because they're usually sleeping or working at another part of the world). If there was a "cover hour" on air somewhat between midnight and seven pm (German time) I'd hardly ever have a chance to listen to it because I'm either sleeping or working. But to have such an hour several times a day would be a lot of work (maybe more than it's worth it) for you, I guess.
Yep, I know, there's always someone losing out - and I myself don't care (I'm happy enough to have a Dylan(+cover) radio at all). It's just the reason why I suggested whole days.

Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:23 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Sarajtr
Roadie

Post Dylan Covers Reply with quote
Everyone including guests get an opportunity to request covers. That is a great thing, because even us hard core Dylanites need a change once in a while. I think that it is plenty that we have those choices in the song pool, so I guess either way would be fine, but I think you might get some checking out for a scheduled cover time. Keep em all in and all interested in requesting and dedicating and also donating. Always...Sara

Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:40 pm View user's profile Send private message
bonitamae

Post Reply with quote
jfpjr wrote:
I can get enough of the other music elsewhere, I love the all Bob format, but I enjoy the covers too.

Ditto....
Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:40 am View user's profile Send private message
marz5775

Post Reply with quote
I love the format as it is. For a break from Bob all I need to do is turn off DR. So I don't see the need for it. I have no problem with covers, in fact, the more you can find the better as far as I'm concerned. Keep up the good work Walrus!

Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:47 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
Nevada Smith

Post Reply with quote
I have no objection to a break from Bob.

I notice you play Jacob Dylan and that is a break from Bob. I have no objection because he reminds me of his Dad at an earlier time. Likewise anyone who reminds me of Bob in their style or lyrics or the type of music they are doing would deserve a listen in my mind.

Perhaps you should post some of these songs first and let us vote on whether or not we feel they are appropriate.

Someone I know personally reminds me of Bob but his style and lyrics are unique [even as I thought Bob's often were]. I think your listeners might enjoy hearing him.

I would much rather hear someone doing their own songs or some other song that is not written by Dylan that has something about their delivery that reminds me of Bob than hear someone sing one of Bob's songs and butcher it. Like Wm Shatner singing Bob Dylan http://www.amazon.com/Spaced-Out-Leonard-William-Shatner/dp/B0000089JE

Tue May 25, 2010 7:23 am View user's profile Send private message
DARKEYEZ
Roadie

Post Reply with quote
Tom Waits Cool
Tue May 25, 2010 8:53 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Walrus
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
I proposed this back in Sept 2008... I think the decision was made, folks.

Tue May 25, 2010 9:57 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website

Reply to topic    www.DylanRadio.com Forum Index » DylanRadio.com Forums All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: