RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
How can I meet Bob?

Reply to topic    www.DylanRadio.com Forum Index » DylanRadio.com Forums View previous topic
View next topic

How can I meet Bob?
Lucky Wilbury

Post How can I meet Bob? Reply with quote
Hey guys, just a question for you: i just heard that Bob is coming again in Italu next november and I WANT absolutely to meet him... but i don't know how... he will arrive in rome from florence, so no possibily to meet him at the airport.. any suggestions? thanks!!
Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:49 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Lady of the lowlands

Post Reply with quote
I will go to this concert too,in Rome:) But I don't think it's really possible to meet him, I understand you, I would like so much too:) I guess that for these kind of concerts it's very difficult to get close to the artist...
Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:21 pm View user's profile Send private message
Lucky Wilbury

Post Reply with quote
maybe at the hotel....
Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:07 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Lady of the lowlands

Post Reply with quote
Sure, if you know which hotel is XD Smile
Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:19 am View user's profile Send private message
Steve The Face
Dylanite

Post where ? Reply with quote
In heaven or in your dreams, buddy !
Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:13 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
pickwickianfire

Post wander around all day near the concert? Reply with quote
I know someone who knows someone (amiright?) that is working as a roadie for him right now.

I'm sure everyone here already knows all this, but he stays at off-beat places and nobody--not the band and not the crew---even talk to him. This guy said the band doesn't really talk to him until they see him on stage when everyone else does. So it seems to me the closer you get to the idea of meeting him at the hotel or anywhere that has anything to do with the show, the lower your chances of meeting him. I hear it's like a steel wall. You just aren't going to see him come out of some hotel with one other guy and ask him for an autograph or wait around a hotel lobby or talk your way in through staff.

Obviously, though, he must wander around alone exploring things because he's been picked up by police in america for being a suspicious character with no id.

So maybe just wander around the neighborhoods around the place he plays during the day. The guy from an american television station called 'pawn stars' did that to get something for a client. He found Dylan in the middle of the day just walking around alone. When the guy stopped to ask him for something, Dylan was truly confounded. Dylan asked how the guy knew where to find him and the guy from the pawn shop just said he walked around the neighborhood near the concert hall for a few hours until he spied him. Dylan was polite and gave him the autograph but looked a little uneasy.

it was kind of amazing because I think it was a large american city and people were just walking right by Bob Dylan near the theater he was playing at in broad daylight in the video clip of the encounter. He seems to be able to blend in if he wants to (well, except to U.S. police who are on the job!)

I would think long and hard about it, though, even if you might find him because you really are intruding on someone's privacy. I wouldn't feel comfortable. But then again, Dylan sings "People meet me all the time and they forget how to act".

Good luck! If you get to meet him, would you write back and let us know how it went?
Fri May 18, 2012 9:51 am View user's profile Send private message
Archer

Post Re: wander around all day near the concert? Reply with quote
pickwickianfire wrote:

The guy from an american television station called 'pawn stars' did that to get something for a client. He found Dylan in the middle of the day just walking around alone. When the guy stopped to ask him for something, Dylan was truly confounded. Dylan asked how the guy knew where to find him and the guy from the pawn shop just said he walked around the neighborhood near the concert hall for a few hours until he spied him.

Sorry to burst your bubble but TV shows like Pawn Stars are all staged. I work as a sound mixer in the TV/Film industry and believe me they didn't just happen to run into Bob by wandering around the neighborhood. This scene was set up and Bob was paid for his appearance on the show.

He does explore neighborhoods on his own and i'm not saying you won't run into him but TV is not reality, no matter what they tell you.
Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:37 pm View user's profile Send private message
ocgypsy

Post Reply with quote
I touched the bus Oct 26 & said a prayer. It was enough ---
& the show that night was More than Too Much

good luck though --
Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:15 pm View user's profile Send private message
filipe lachever

Post Reply with quote
hi friends, i was also hopin and thinkin if i will ever meet bob, and you know what, i did meet him in the streets of florence 2011 night before the show, i was walkin in a street near the historic center, at about 23.30, heading to my hotel with my wife, and suddenly bob was passing by me, he was walkin with his bodyguard, a big black guy, i was talkin to my wife and just saw him when we were passing by him, and i call him or should i say shout BOB!!!, he looked back to me and said heyyy, i said back to him hey bob let me shake your hand man, im here to see your show tommorrow, he said yeah sure, we shake hands i told him something like i love your songs, my wife shake his hand without being able to say a word, we said goodbye wishing him a good show for the night after, he said thanks see you tomorrow, and went on his way. He had is face almost hidden in a sort of a hat burried in his head, was very friendly and smily. we stood there watching him walkin down the street and we were kind of speechless for some seconds, and then i said to my wife, can you believe this we just met bob and talked whit the guy, shake his hand, what an expirience we just have, and my wife said back to me, i didnt tell him nothing i was speechless by the surprise, lets go after him i want to talk to him, i said back to her, we better not, let the man go is way we would upset him, and it was enough what just hapenned. i ve seen bob in 11 diferent countries in europe, and was always thinkin to myself and talkin to my wife and some friends that sometimes come with us, if we ever see the guy, that, the day after when i phone to my brother telling him about meeting bob he didnt believe me, and in the day of the show i was expecting one of my friends that also come to see the show and he also didnt believe me because we sometimes joked about seeing bob here or there, but we never had saw him, and i had a hard time to make them believe me, so thats my story about meeting bob dylan, the greatest artist who ever live. And thats a true story. Wink
Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:51 pm View user's profile Send private message
Geoff Richardson

Post meeting Bob Reply with quote
Some VIP tickets include meeting Bob. My brother got great tickets for a gig on Bondai Beach (I think) - big several-day festival - and he got to meet Bob and talk to him, albeit briefly!!! (Australia - about three years ago).
Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:38 am View user's profile Send private message

Reply to topic    www.DylanRadio.com Forum Index » DylanRadio.com Forums All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: