RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
The Frankie-Lee-and-Judas-Priest-Charity-Bookessay-Project

Reply to topic    www.DylanRadio.com Forum Index » DylanRadio.com Forums View previous topic
View next topic

The Frankie-Lee-and-Judas-Priest-Charity-Bookessay-Project
Yogman

Post The Frankie-Lee-and-Judas-Priest-Charity-Bookessay-Project Reply with quote
Dear listeners of Dylanradio,

it would be very nice, if I could win some of you for a certain project (I will not earn one single cent by ist, so this is not commercial).
As you may know, I am a journalism free lancer. Right now I am working on a essay for a book. This book is about charity, donations and so on. What could all that look like in the future?
My message in the book is an old one: Konfuzius said it, Jesus preached it, Kant talked about it and Kolping did too: Worry about the people next to you. If everyone in the world would do so, it would be much better.
Now it is getting interesting, I hope: I want to unfold my plot along the Bob-Dylan-Song "The Ballad of Frankie and Judas Priest" that deals with charity. So help your neighbour with his load instead of mistaking paradise for the home across the road. So maybe you can share your thoughts with me, that you have espacially on this Dylan gem.

But here is more to come: As I know, many of you are involved in various charity or donation activities (at least donatings to keep this site running Smile ). Could you please share your experiences you made with me? What is a good donating practicism and what does not work?

The conclusion of my essay will be: think global, act local. Because their is a world wide dylan community here on DR on the one hand. On the other hand this world wide community, does good charitiy deeds in their own areas - while singing and whistling "Frankie Lee and Judas Priest".

I know this is no ordinary project - but Bob isn't ordinary too...
It is not necessarily needed that you are mentioned with your real names in the book (I myself of course will mention my name) - your nickname is enough. It also can be a invented nickname. This will be no research book (too much paper work else Smile like Bob says).

I hope you understand what I meant and I'd be very glad, if you would support me! Just write in here ore PM.

Sincerly
Yogman
Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:16 am View user's profile Send private message
Walrus
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
It sounds like you want to do some social networking with Dylan fans. Might I suggest giving up dinosaur-ish-ness and entering the world of social networking by joining the DylanRadio.com group on facebook. Hardly anyone uses these old forums, and you'll reach far more people (1160 at last count) on facebook.

Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:00 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Yogman

Post Reply with quote
Hello everybody,

to make it a little easier. There are two things I want from you:

1. Please tell me your thoughts you have on "The Ballad of Frankie Lee and Judas Priest" and / or
2. Please tell me your thoughts about charity and donations. Do you know or are you involved in any project to help other people? What makes this project a good one? How should future projects look like?

Please tell me. My Essay must be ready in September Smile

Read from you
Yogman
Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:02 pm View user's profile Send private message
wagnman

Post Frankie Lee Reply with quote
Hi Yogman,

Been thinking about your project this week. I am not sure if I totally understand it but perhaps that is not that important and maybe just thinking about the questions you have posed. One of the thoughts I had after looking at Ballad of Frankie Lee and Judas Priest, was the question of home, and an expression we have in english and maybe you have the same or similar in German is, 'charity begins at home.' A great issue you have raised? How can we bring more charity in the world. Charity begins at home? Just one side of this way of being in the world. It made me think of when I was a child of 10 or 11 or so and a poor fellow who was in my school in the small New England town I was living in. His name was Floyd and he was from a 'less privileged' family and he had chapped lips really bad to the point that he had a brown ring around his mouth. I use to get chapped lips too in that cold climate. In the years that have passed since those times I have often thought why did I not give him my chapstick or a chapstick. It was not because I was mean or insensitive. It was just that I did not take that step. Why was that? I remember also my father saying that we should give presents at Christmas to poor kids as we had very many. He had grown up with very little. He understood their plight much better than we did. I think maybe for charity to really come into being or a close concern of ours we need a good environment a good home. And what is a home? Really, lately I have been thinking that a good home is a good mind and heart not especially a great place or physical location. Don't go mistaking paradise for that home across the road. Think this song is a lot about just the whole thrust of modern life, maybe existence in general, the tension of living, to get on and get everything you think or feel you need to be good, to be in paradise, money, property, position, love, sex...... And then getting lost in that quest when maybe paradise is right there inside yourself and with the others right next to you. Maybe once you get to that point charity is not an act but a way of being. I can't really tell you what my charitable acts are, had a dream to create a place where people could go and think about these things and come up with leaps towards a better world, put a lot of my life, blood and effort into that, don't regret it, don't know if it will someday come to anything but that's okay as just the articulating of it and putting it out there may some day strike a nerve for others who can carry it forward. I think everyone has a skill or talent they can add to this world to
make it better. Everybody is important. Everybody is needed. We all need to help each other with our loads and somehow not mistake paradise for that home across the road. Thanks for taking the chance to offer me the challenge to think about this.
Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:46 am View user's profile Send private message
Tired Horse

Post Reply with quote
13:1 If I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
13:2 And if I should have prophecy and should know all mysteries, and all knowledge, and if I should have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
13:3 And if I should distribute all my goods to feed the poor, and if I should deliver my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.
13:4 Charity is patient, is kind: charity envieth not, dealeth not perversely; is not puffed up;
13:5 Is not ambitious, seeketh not her own, is not provoked to anger, thinketh no evil;
13:6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth with the truth;
13:7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
13:8 Charity never falleth away: whether prophecies shall be made void, or tongues shall cease, or knowledge shall be destroyed.
13:9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.
13:10 But when that which is perfect is come, that which is in part shall be done away.
13:11 When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child. But, when I became a man, I put away the things of a child.
13:12 We see now through a glass in a dark manner; but then face to face. Now I know I part; but then I shall know even as I am known.
13:13 And now there remain faith, hope, and charity, these three: but the greatest of these is charity.
THE FIRST EPISTLE OF ST. PAUL TO THE CORINTHIANS - CHAPTER 13
Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:47 am View user's profile Send private message
Dobre

Post Frankie Lee Forum Reply with quote
As a somewhat cogent , Talmudic Communist nomad what would appear to be Charity is misunderstood in a plural existential being because the one person is the self .

Just listening to Frankee Lee and Judas the equasion is much grander and so it is not what it appears to be so really in relflection of Mr. Frankee Lee the focus is existential transience or transience of the soul ,theta or person , the value of life ,remorse and an incredibly lucid undertaking the good devil takes on him "self"...

The simple subjective experience is not of sleuth and is not really personal because the compartment of the mind cannot envelope and that would be a problem.

The value of of money is just inconceivable as a doctorate so it must be measured as an equator with the same end.

Dobre

; Pleasure to be ,, invited to this morning's forum

Thankxx

Rev;

I am 41 , live in Clacton on the Sea in the county of Tendring ,Britain. I am disabled from political treatments that are pending enforceable, altruistic compensations. I have started an NGO and am the only operator, am charitable under 10,000 in the uk and EU and the relative in the USA not excluding Canada. I have had a lot of interference and forms of electronic intimidation from the government and the Anik series satelite in the south shore of Montreal.. Canada space program. I have also been threatened by a Montreal psychologist's exploitations of or with criminal economies . An apparent doctor Vamous proffesses to HELP people with illness and addiction while like most infidels probably operates his own people empire of illegal societies ,drugs and exploitation. Members of the Americam Jewish priest community have been extremely contreversial with cosmopolitan internet intimidation that seem to have been of a photo permeation technowlogy. My contacts accept text and intermitant persons seem to have exploited moneys. This is serious. I have deleted all my contacts including a Britney spears.

http://www.liability-of-state-and-licenced-agencies.yolasite.com

http://www.piccs.yolasite.com (FRANCAIS)
Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:49 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Yogman

Post Reply with quote
Dear people on DR,

thanks for supporting me, thanks for your thoughts and your encouragement!
The project now is finished - as far as my part is concerned.
The book will be out in springtime 2014, so is the plan.

So keep on thinking about Frankie boy and the old sign on the cross!
cu
Yogman
Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:16 am View user's profile Send private message
Yogman

Post THE BOOK IS OUT! Reply with quote
Hi together,

here comes the sensational news: THE BOOK IS OUT!

http://www.pagina-verlag.de/index.php/sachbuecher-ratgeber/product/view/2/37

So have fun with it!

Yogman
Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:31 am View user's profile Send private message

Reply to topic    www.DylanRadio.com Forum Index » DylanRadio.com Forums All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: