RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
In search for a Dylan cover? Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    www.DylanRadio.com Forum Index » DylanRadio.com Forums View previous topic
View next topic

In search for a Dylan cover?
ballynally

Post Reply with quote
i'm a listener who doesn't like to listen to cover versions. There is a growing amount of really awful dylan covers i have to sit through.Maybe there should be a seperate channel to accomodate this need. In fact, there is a channel called bobdylancover.com (i think). Why don't people go there so i won't have to listen to it on this station.
Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:31 am View user's profile Send private message
indiecds

Post IF NOT FOR YOU - A TRIBUTE TO BOB DYLAN Reply with quote
Can you tell me if you have seen this new tribute album on iTunes yet there in Germany? It's called IF NOT FOR YOU - A TRIBUTE TO BOB DYLAN
Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:41 pm View user's profile Send private message
Wilbur
Dylan Addict

Post Reply with quote
iHave not. But iMust admit my heart's not in the iLands. So iDo not know for sure.

Nevertheless the album seems worth a listen. Have you already heard it, indiecds?

Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:53 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
sophia

Post Reply with quote
We are a big china [url=http://www.wealthmass.com/Sports-outdoors/Mlb-jerseys-Mlb-jersey-Beseball-Jerseys-Baseball-jersey/Minnesota-Twins/]jerseys wholesaler[/url] .
We have
[url=http://www.wealthmass.com/Sports-outdoors/Nfl-jerseys-Football-jersey-Jerseys-Wholesale/Green-Bay-Packers-Nfl-Jerseys/]NFL[/url]
Team player`s number sewn on the chest and sleeves
Player`s name sewn at the upper back on a sewn down nameplate
[url=http://www.wealthmass.com/Sports-outdoors/Mlb-jerseys-Mlb-jersey-Beseball-Jerseys-Baseball-jersey/Mlb-Women-s-Jerseys/]MLB[/url]
We have athletic and collbase jerseys All name and number sewn on .Whith team sign and player number sewn on the chest,Player name sewn on the back of jerseys.
[url=http://www.wealthmass.com/Sports-outdoors/NHL-jerseys-NHL-jersey-Hockey-Jerseys-Hockey-jerseys/Vancouver-Canucks-Nhl-Jerseys-Hockey-Jersey/]NHL[/url]
Team player`s number sewn on the chest and sleeves
Player`s name sewn at the upper back on a sewn down nameplate
[url=http://www.wealthmass.com/Sports-outdoors/Nba-jerseys-Basketball-jersey-Jerseys-wholesale/Miami-Heat-Jerseys/]NBA [/url]
It is nike or adidas brand Jerseys.
All of my product is high quality and lowest price . [url=http://www.wealthmass.com/Sports-outdoors/NHL-jerseys-NHL-jersey-Hockey-Jerseys-Hockey-jerseys/Chicago-Blackhawks-Jerseys/]Mix Order[/url] Big discount for big order!If you have any questions Please feel free to contact us
Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:45 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Kurt Matthew

Post Wilbur I have many Dylan Covers your welcome 2 Reply with quote
Hi Wilbur,
Your looking for Dylan covers I have been doing covers of my fav. songwriter for years and they are all at www.soundclick.com/kurtmatthew for all to DL and dair I say enjoy.
Kurt Matthew Cool
Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:34 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Wilbur
Dylan Addict

Post Re: Wilbur I have many Dylan Covers your welcome 2 Reply with quote
Kurt Matthew wrote:
Hi Wilbur,
Your looking for Dylan covers I have been doing covers of my fav. songwriter for years and they are all at www.soundclick.com/kurtmatthew for all to DL and dair I say enjoy.
Kurt Matthew Cool

Welcome on Dylanradio! You finally found the place you were looking for!

Well, Kurt, I only gotta check if the numbers of your Dylan (or Dylan related) covers already increased to more than 44. That's the number of those I already saved on my hard disc (more than a year ago)... Did you really think I'd overlook someone who did such a lot of Dylan covers?...lol...

But nevertheless thanx for the nice offer! I'll take it as a reminder to check your covers again. As far as I remember that was great stuff (but I must admit I haven't listen to it for a while because of the constantly growing number of versions I still got to discover).

Did you already listen to the stuff I'm doin'? Some's in the songpool here at dylanradio.com - look for PetTommy (Dylan-in-Rock-band), WilBurt (ac. duo) and Wilbur (for that one solo song). And some stuff is on YouTube, too. Hope, you'll like it!

Have fun and enjoy this wonderful radio station!

Greetings from Germany
Wilbur

PS: There's a Dylan cover contest here at Dylanradio every year called the "annual battle of the Dylan cover bands" (but it's not for bands only). This year's battle hasn't been done, yet. So keep an eye...

Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:06 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Kurt Matthew

Post Dylan Covers Reply with quote
Thanks Wilbur for the welcome, and yes It took a long time to find this place. I can stream dylan all day, very cool indeed!
I will check out the other guy's doing covers as well, I do dig everybody that can do the Dylan songbook in maybe a new and fun way, that I know Bob himself would like.
I'm always up for a gathering of covers all on one CD/Radio, I'll keep an eye out!!
Kurt Matthew Cool
Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:50 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Steve The Face
Dylanite

Post Kurts accoustic performances Reply with quote
Hey Kurt ,

I discovered your site lately. You did record some nice accoustic Dylan songs. Played with lots of 'feel' in the songs !
In your search for other Dylan tribute bands, you can look at the site from my band www.newfools.com There you can find some recordings.

In the song pool on Dylan Radio you can also find some recordings. (from festivals / the Battle on DR / Berlin Bob Bash ...)
Ben Schurmans you can also find in the same songpool. That's our lead singer.

Enjoy your stay at Dylan Radio !

See you soon,
Steve
Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:24 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Kurt Matthew

Post Reply with quote
Thanks Steve for the kind words about my Dylan covers. I checked out your Band you guys SOUND AWSOME!!! Keep up the Dylan covers as you can tell with me I'll play Dylan till the day I die....
Kurt
Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:41 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
miss lonely

Post love dylan covers! Reply with quote
hey wilbur - you rock! i love dylan covers! i just requested one of my faves, the italian hip-hop version of LARS from the masked & anonymous soundtrack. thanks for taking on this project.

btw, i love your profile pic. Smile
Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:57 pm View user's profile Send private message
Miguelitomama

Post Dylan covers Reply with quote
There are more Dylan covers than I can imagine.

Here's a guy in Spain I've corresponded with...besides singing well, and doing Dylan's lyrics justice in Castellano, he's a nice guy.

JM Baule sings Dylan in Spanish and Portuguese.

Hope this helps!

http://www.yes.fm/musica/J--M--Baule

Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:46 pm View user's profile Send private message
LeftwingFrankie24

Post Dylan covers Reply with quote
I am one who enjoys other artists covering Dylan. I have been a big Dylan fan for over 40 years. I like to see how other artists cover his catalog. There are many great covers out there--Bettye LaVette, Joan Baez. Patti Labelle, Waren Zevon, Odetta, Nina Simone, Joe Cocker, Arlo Guthrie, Alicia Keys, Lou Reed and all the artists at the 30th Anniversary concert and the other tribute albums out there. Next month, we will get another Dylan cover extravaganza, when Bob is honored by the Musicare organization before the Grammy Awards.
Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:30 am View user's profile Send private message

Reply to topic    www.DylanRadio.com Forum Index » DylanRadio.com Forums All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: