RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Greetings And A Question

Reply to topic    www.DylanRadio.com Forum Index » DylanRadio.com Forums View previous topic
View next topic

Greetings And A Question
Travellin' Man

Post Greetings And A Question Reply with quote
I'm new and "I'm tangled up in blue!" I've seen Bob 4 times since 2004. The latest time being in Raleigh august 28th 2009 with my buddy on this board. Dylan's shows are great and I have many bootlegs for that reason. Highway 61 knocks me out everytime. Blood On The Tracks is my favorite Dylan album.
Here's a question: Which Dylan song(s) have the lyrics that knock you out personally? For me right now it is 'Positively 4th Street'. I recently discovered a "friend" of mine is very two faced. Of course Dylan is the "Word Man" so I expect there will be many different opinions on this topic. Nearly every song he wrote contains fine lyrics.

Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:12 pm View user's profile Send private message
Walrus
Site Admin

Post Re: Greetings And A Question Reply with quote
Travellin' Man wrote:
I'm new and "I'm tangled up in blue!" I've seen Bob 4 times since 2004. The latest time being in Raleigh august 28th 2009 with my buddy on this board. Dylan's shows are great and I have many bootlegs for that reason. Highway 61 knocks me out everytime. Blood On The Tracks is my favorite Dylan album.
Here's a question: Which Dylan song(s) have the lyrics that knock you out personally? For me right now it is 'Positively 4th Street'. I recently discovered a "friend" of mine is very two faced. Of course Dylan is the "Word Man" so I expect there will be many different opinions on this topic. Nearly every song he wrote contains fine lyrics.

Welcome, Traveller! Great to have you on board! Blonde on Blonde is my "comfort album," but if there was one song that constantly knocks me on my butt, it would either be "Blind Willie McTell" or "Every Grain of Sand."

Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:14 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Travellin' Man

Post Reply with quote
'Every Grain Of Sand' sends chills down my spine when I listen to it. Words of wisdom from a true poet! Thanks for the Welcome!

Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:31 am View user's profile Send private message
MMMMLY

Post MASTERS OF WAR Reply with quote
"U AINT WORTH THE BLOOD THAT RUNS IN UR VEINS" THAT HAS GOT TO BE THE MEANEST THING I HAVE EVER HEARD ANYONE SAY.... AND THE END IS JUSS BEAUTIFUL WHERE HE "FOLLOW UR CASKET ON A PALE AFTERNOON AND I WILL STAND OVER UR GRAVE TILL IM SURE THAT UR DEAD." THAT SONG IS JUSS REALLY POWERFUL. THIS SONG MAKES BOB DYLAN A HERO!
Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:04 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Wilbur
Dylan Addict

Post Reply with quote
Hey and welcome Travellin' Man!

As a whole album my favourite is (still) Blood On The Tracks (sometimes the official album, sometimes the New York Sessions), too.
My favourite lyrics are those from Desolation Row.

Fortunately you didn't ask for the favourite Dylan song. I'd give you a list of about 250 songs the least...

Have fun at dylanradio!
Wilbur

Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:37 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
fur*pajamas

Post Hi Travelin Man Reply with quote
Hard to pin down just one. Right now I am sort of stuck on Series of Dreams.

Planet Waves: everything

Every Grain of Sand

Rolling Thunder is fav tour, maybe.

Rundown Studio a great boot.
Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:33 pm View user's profile Send private message
FuglyDave

Post Fav! Reply with quote
Blind Willie McTell;
All is Good (Together thru Life)
Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:32 am View user's profile Send private message
blueburningbodies

Post Reply with quote
Desire album is a favorite
"Joey"
or
"one more cup of coffee"
poor ol' Joey
or
the gypsy love of life

Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:34 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
marz5775

Post Reply with quote
Hi Travelin' Man. I'm a newbie, too. So we have something in common right off. About six years ago a serious auto accident nearly cost me my life. It did cost me my job with the USPS. I worked for awhile cleaning office buildings. One night, I was pushing the broom and listening to my Walkman. The line from Desolation Row really hit home: "the only sound that's left, after the ambulances go, is Cinderella sweeping up on Desolation Row."

Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:19 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger

Reply to topic    www.DylanRadio.com Forum Index » DylanRadio.com Forums All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: