RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Dirk Darmstaedter sings Dylan

Reply to topic    www.DylanRadio.com Forum Index » DylanRadio.com Forums View previous topic
View next topic

Dirk Darmstaedter sings Dylan
Wilbur
Dylan Addict

Post Dirk Darmstaedter sings Dylan Reply with quote
I'm going to see him live this evening...I'm curious...

Some YouTube examples:

Mr. Tambourine Man

All I Really Wanna Do

Simple Twist Of Fate

On MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/dirkdarmstaedter

If there's a chance for a little talk, I'll invite him to join the battle...

Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:41 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Wilbur
Dylan Addict

Post Reply with quote
Just back from the gig. Really good that guy(s)! I enjoyed it lots!
D.D. sang and played acoustic guitar and harp. Lars, a friend of his, played percussion, harmonium, guitar...whatever was useful to 'complete' the song/sound.

Songs played: All I Really Wanna Do; Mr. Tambourine Man; Subterranean Homesick Blues; It Ain't Me, Babe; Simple Twist Of Fate; Chimes Of Freedom; Shelter From The Storm; Sad Eyed Lady Of The Lowlands; He Was A Friend Of Mine and (E) Boots Of Spanish Leather plus two own songs for 2. encore.

As you can see it was not a rockin' set. I really appreciate someone - especially in Germany - who dares to perform both the more silent types and the long ones. Everything was played and sang with passion and by heart. Although the songs were played close to the originals, the quality and sound of the voice next to the 'spare' arrangements didn't let 'em sound like copies. That was not a Dylan impersonator but a singer/songwriter who knows his Dylan. Found myself with goosepimples here and there...

Ask me, if you wanna know some more.

Since the sweet pretty things are in bed now for hours, it's time for me to have some sleep, too...g'nite...

CU, folks
Wilbur

And yes, I had the chance to invite him to the battle and I did by giving him a flyer with the poster-artwork of the battle. He said, he'll check it out...

Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:54 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website

Reply to topic    www.DylanRadio.com Forum Index » DylanRadio.com Forums All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: