RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
In search for a Dylan cover? Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    www.DylanRadio.com Forum Index » DylanRadio.com Forums View previous topic
View next topic

In search for a Dylan cover?
Wilbur
Dylan Addict

Post In search for a Dylan cover? Reply with quote
Hey everybody,

as you might know, I'm not only a rooter of Dylan songs played by His Bobness himself I also love the the songs as covered by others. And there's a huge lot of them out there. More than 29.000 are listed at the fantastic dylancover.com site (and it's growing daily).

At the time being there's just a small part of them in the songpool of our precious Dylan radio. One day (when I finally got the server thing done) I'll upload as much as I can. Until then I send some covers to Walrus every now and then and he usually adds them to the songpool quickly.

It's not easy to decide what to send because there's a lot of wonderful (and/or famous) versions in my collection. So, if you're open minded enough not to listen to the originals only and you'd like to listen to a special cover and you can't find it in the songpool, please, send me a pm or an email or give me a shout when I'm around - I'll immediately check my collection and - if it's there - I'll send it for your (and of course my) pleasure.

So lemme know, folks...

Wilbur

Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:46 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
fur*pajamas

Post Reply with quote
Hi Wilbur,
Wondering if you have heard IT TAKES A TRAIN TO CRY by Little Feat.
I do have it, just wondering if you like it.
I think it is particularly good.
Fur
Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:37 pm View user's profile Send private message
Wilbur
Dylan Addict

Post Reply with quote
Hey fur!

Thanx for askin' and sorry for the delay.

Oh yes, Little Feat is a cool band!
I got six live versions of that cover in my collection:
2000-05-27
2004-08-21
2006-03-05
2007-07-21
2008-07-04 and
2008-08-17

If you got another one, I'd be interested to get it...

Greetz
Wilbur

Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:02 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
fur*pajamas

Post Reply with quote
Hey Wilbur,
I only have one and do not know which one it is, as it is on a disc of covers someone made me a few years ago.
We need a Little Feat, Watching the River Flow, in our song pool here!
Are you ready for the Battle?
Best,
Betty
Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:36 pm View user's profile Send private message
Wilbur
Dylan Addict

Post Reply with quote
Ok! Thanx for reply!

Most of my Little Feat Bobcovers are on flac-files. Had some problems converting flac to mp3 last time but will try again, soon. Actually it should work.

Yep, ready for the battle in general. Particulary I still gotta check this or that concerning the 'right' song to put in...

CU
Wilbur

Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:13 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
g6120s

Post Reply with quote
Hi Wilbur,
I do a lot of covers (a lot of Neil Young, Beatles, Tom Waits, Bruce Cockburn and others) but am just starting to dip my toe into some Dylan covers.
Dylan's music has always loomed large in my life especially because my mother was a huge fan and I grew up with it.
So you might say the songs are burned into my memory cells.

Here's a couple I have done including an International collaboration I organized for Masters Of War.
I have mp3 files available for all if interested:

Tangled Up In Blue:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOOYthUXY2M

I Want You:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KzkOH_DlXQ

Blowin' In The Wind:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hfyehcz6rUI

Masters Of War (Collaboration w/ 7 others I organized):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldyk1LgQ5-w
Fri May 07, 2010 5:35 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Wilbur
Dylan Addict

Post Reply with quote
Hi Gil!

Well, you did a great job on the three solo takes! And that collaboration is something special for sure!

You're in here since February...I wonder why you haven't entered the battle...

Anyway, twould be fine to get the mp3 files not only for my cover collection but for the radio's songpool. So upload them to the "UPLOAD MP3s HERE!" topic in the forums so all members can download them and our dj Walrus can put them in the pool.

In case you're interested in my acoustic Dylan cover stuff, have a look here:

http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b166/wilbur131/wilbur-videos/?action=view&current=MaggiesFarm.flv

CU around
Wilbur

Fri May 07, 2010 10:58 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
FuglyDave

Post Reply with quote
You absolutely need to cover "One more cup of coffee" in an original manner of course....
thx
dave
Sat May 08, 2010 12:33 am View user's profile Send private message
g6120s

Post Reply with quote
Wilbur wrote:
Hi Gil!

Well, you did a great job on the three solo takes! And that collaboration is something special for sure!

You're in here since February...I wonder why you haven't entered the battle...

Anyway, twould be fine to get the mp3 files not only for my cover collection but for the radio's songpool. So upload them to the "UPLOAD MP3s HERE!" topic in the forums so all members can download them and our dj Walrus can put them in the pool.

In case you're interested in my acoustic Dylan cover stuff, have a look here:

http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b166/wilbur131/wilbur-videos/?action=view&current=MaggiesFarm.flv

CU around
Wilbur

Hi Wilbur,
Will do on the uploads I need to remaster Blowin' In The Wind though. The audio on that is terrible.
As for competition....I just don't believe in competitions when it comes to music.
I never enter them. Too many games. I've seen friends enter and helped them but I've also seen the abuses of voting too.
Just not for me.
I'm actually really more focused on my original music more than covers.
If you want to hear my own stuff check it out here:

http://gilsmusic.bandcamp.com

http://acousticfusion.bandcamp.com

http://www.soundclick.com/All1Song

Cheers and thanks for listening! Gil
Sat May 08, 2010 5:09 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
g6120s

Post Reply with quote
OK Wilbur watched your cover and all I can say is BRAVO!! That was awesome!
I shared it on Acoustic Guitar Magazine Community. I'm pretty active there:

http://www.acousticguitarcommunity.com/video/maggies-farm-dylan-cover-by
Sat May 08, 2010 5:19 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Wilbur
Dylan Addict

Post Reply with quote
Thanxaton, Gil! Pretty nice of you to put it on that community.

A little note: The duo playin' is called WilBurt (so that's Wil(bur), me, and Burt, my pal). I don't like to have him concealed because he's a great player and it wouldn't sound that good without him.
And, btw., this clip is from the Berlin Bob Bash 2006.

Ok, not everyone likes to be in a competition. And you're right. There ARE reasons not to take part. On the other hand...this years radio battle is regulated in a good way, so I'm pretty sure there won't be any abuse of voting or the like.

Will listen to your own stuff, soon. Thanx for sharing!

Greetz
Wilbur

Mon May 10, 2010 6:24 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
g6120s

Post Reply with quote
Wilbur wrote:
Thanxaton, Gil! Pretty nice of you to put it on that community.

A little note: The duo playin' is called WilBurt (so that's Wil(bur), me, and Burt, my pal). I don't like to have him concealed because he's a great player and it wouldn't sound that good without him.
And, btw., this clip is from the Berlin Bob Bash 2006.

Ok, not everyone likes to be in a competition. And you're right. There ARE reasons not to take part. On the other hand...this years radio battle is regulated in a good way, so I'm pretty sure there won't be any abuse of voting or the like.

Will listen to your own stuff, soon. Thanx for sharing!

Greetz
Wilbur

Thanks for taking the time to listen. Just uploaded a new song to the Acoustic Fusion site. A song for the Gulf Oil Spill.
Sat May 15, 2010 4:47 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Sarajtr
Roadie

Post Susan Tedeschi alone or Susan and Derek Trucks Reply with quote
Hi Wilbur, I would love to have any and all Susan T. recording covers of Bob, like DTTIA her alone and also she and Derek Trucks do a great one. some of the recordings I have found are not so great sound wise, but I will leave that decision to you. Thanks for the music,Sweetie.

Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:04 pm View user's profile Send private message
Wilbur
Dylan Addict

Post Reply with quote
Hey Sara,

can you handle .flac-files? If so, I'd quickly send you some live stuff of Tedeschi/Trucks via email. If not, it would take some more time because I'd have to convert the files to .mp3.

Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:20 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Sarajtr
Roadie

Post flac files Reply with quote
No, unfortunately I had some trouble with the programs. Dime-a-dozen sent my computer into ultra spin. Crying or Very sad have utorrent, but never use it. Open to other suggestions though.

Thanks for the music, Wilbur!

Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:08 pm View user's profile Send private message

Reply to topic    www.DylanRadio.com Forum Index » DylanRadio.com Forums All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: