RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
SONY MUSIC and YouTube videos

Reply to topic    www.DylanRadio.com Forum Index » DylanRadio.com Forums View previous topic
View next topic

SONY MUSIC and YouTube videos
Al Diesan

Post SONY MUSIC and YouTube videos Reply with quote
Dear friends, it's really a great problem.
We share the same passion: the music, the songs of Bob Dylan, his life, his photos and, most of all, the video.
We do it uploading here what we have in our hands or something that we create on his music; it’s just for passion, not for money, but someone wants to stop our sharing passion.
I see YouTube as a great battlefield, where our little army of videos fights against the snipers of Sony Music Entertainment; I compared, in my mind, the deleted video to those soldiers who have died on the ground…. so….. I think it’s our duty to honor the memory of the fallen.
How ?
Putting a cross, creating a virtual tomb in memory of each one (video) killed, a place where the silence reigns; in other words uploading the same videos deleted, but without audio and draped in mourning, with a cross to the side and the written:
"In memory of the video created on the music of "(title of the song)", killed and died by the hand of Sony Music Entertainment.
..but our passion will never die !! " (or something similar..)

I would like to see in all the other channels, where the video were deleted, the same tombs, the same crosses, the same silent demonstration, because I think that they could stop our mouth, but they cannot destroy our passion.
THE SILENCE COULD MAKE A BIG NOISE, NOW !!!
Even you… put your cross where your soldiers have died: YouTube will be a big cemetery, but the memory will never die !
Al Diesan

See my page for a sample
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDiesanProduction
Sun May 16, 2010 3:29 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Cony
Roadie

Post Reply with quote
Hi Al,
just spoke the last days with one of the shoutboxers about Sony Music who forces Youtube to remove all Dylan stuff.
And I believed that this will not occur me and my poor little Dylan video - but now even this 1 minute black/white video was removed.
That has nothing to do with fight for fair trade or so - that is persecution!
Unfortunately I'm not as talented with videos as you are.
What you made out of your videos is really great and will help to show how Sony works!
Wed May 26, 2010 3:25 pm View user's profile Send private message
g6120s

Post Reply with quote
I have 3 Dylan covers up: Tangled Up In Blue, I Want You and Blowin' In The Wind.
They must not be targeting covers because mine are still up.

That being said I did have my ukulele version of Over The Rainbow removed after the publisher filed a copyright notice.

On my Neil Young covers I spoke with Neil Young personally face to face about those and he was flattered I was doing them and thanked me.
On some of those Neil Young covers I have received a copyright notice but due to the copyright owner not raising a stink they are allowed to stay up as long as advertising can be put on the page.
Neil Young is smart and knows that people covering his songs is advertising for his music.

Here's my Tangled Up In Blue if curious (video description tells the story about):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOOYthUXY2M

Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:23 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
dylantube

Post Reply with quote
Use another video sharing website besides YouTube and add/embed in DylanTube.com by clicking add media.

Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:13 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website

Reply to topic    www.DylanRadio.com Forum Index » DylanRadio.com Forums All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: