RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Why do you love Dylan Radio?

Reply to topic    www.DylanRadio.com Forum Index » DylanRadio.com Forums View previous topic
View next topic

Why do you love Dylan Radio?
fur*pajamas

Post Why do you love Dylan Radio? Reply with quote
Well I love it for all the obvious reasons, but would like to state a most pleasant surprise of the experience.

There were Dylan songs that I had not paid that much attention to that I came to appreciate because of those here who loved them. Thinking of a certain member who loves the song, I listened through new ears. Thanks to all for sharing their favorites.
I will give one example: DH and her love of Man in the Long Black Coat. Now I love that song too.
Sun May 30, 2010 9:09 am View user's profile Send private message
Cony
Roadie

Post Reply with quote
I love Dylan Radio because I'm too lazy (or unable) to choose a certain album to hear.
So each time I'm here, I hear what someone else has chosen and if I don't like it so, I can look for my favorite songs.
Sometimes I'm even awake to hear them Wink.

And I love very much this little shoutbox which gave me friends and contacts all over the world.

It's such a great experience to "talk" to people who hear the same music at same time!

Thank you very much, Pete, for this lovely meeting point!
Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:03 pm View user's profile Send private message
vapetlover

Post An unpredictable artist Reply with quote
I am Bob's age, but have no memory of him until he came into my awareness five years ago! As a high school nerd who played cello in the orchestra I never got into the "rock" scene. In fact, in my circles, it was discouraged. So, I missed that whole cultural scene. I was married at 19 and we had our first baby about 4 years later. So, our paths didn't cross. I am glad that I finally discovered him, because now I can really appreciate his genius. Thanks for being here!
Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:33 pm View user's profile Send private message
eternity

Post Reply with quote
I live in Sweden and I am just a few years younger than Dylan and grew up with his songs. For some odd reason he slipped in the background for a long, long period in my adult life. Then in May 2000 Dylan got the Swedish Polar Prize and I saw the light once again. Over a short period of time I bought all his albums on CD and after that there is never a day without him and dylanradio.com helps me enjoy his music even at work. Itīs a fantastic experience to learn more and more about Dylan and his music and he always has something to say to comfort you or to make you think a little bit further. I have had some hard times lately and I always find Dylan can help me to get though these times. Itīs not dark yet!
Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:01 am View user's profile Send private message
Silvio

Post Why I love Dylan Radio... Reply with quote
As a longtime fan, I was delighted to stumble upon Dylan Radio earlier this year (2010). It was a treat to hear a station that was devoted strictly to the music of Bob Dylan. It still is. I love the station (great to listen to while working, relaxing, or anywhere, for that matter) but perhaps more importantly, I love the people here that make the site possible. I've met so many other Dylan fans here on the website that I can't even keep track. The website is like a city of Bob fans, who open the city gates to any new member here or any newcomer to his music.

I love the bootlegs, I love the officially released stuff, I love the Shoutbox (how could you not?!??), and I can't think of a single thing I don't like about Dylan Radio. Very few things in life are perfect. Dylan Radio falls into the category of very few things. Cheers guys and gals, and here's to many more years and perhaps decades of (one of) the greatest radio station(s) on earth!!!
Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:36 pm View user's profile Send private message
FuglyDave

Post Reply with quote
Keeps me sane doing taxes//////////Smile
Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:23 pm View user's profile Send private message
Alionekk

Post Reply with quote
What's not to love??!! I love listening to albums but there is also a joyful surprise in the randomly selected. I've only been listening for a few days but I've already heard heaps of recordings that I've never heard before. I'm lloking forward to many more hours with Bob. thanks Pete!
Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:42 am View user's profile Send private message
Alionekk

Post Reply with quote
AND I love the way I can be reading something on the homepage and then suddenly realise Bob is looking at me in the background. Happy days can be built on less than that. Wink
Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:44 am View user's profile Send private message
northwalker

Post Reply with quote
the past year or so I have heard more Dylan than any way I know of, a lifelong Dylan fan I am dieing of cancer and find great contentment in hours of uninterrupted Dylan music.
The list of songs for requests is nearly endless & always honored in my experience.
Access to the vault has given me much of the Dylan related video that I would not have otherwise seen.
I would say its a fans favourite station!!! Cool
Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:56 pm View user's profile Send private message
ocgypsy

Post Reply with quote
wow, northwalker, I'll be thinking of you while I'm listening...
good luck, god bless

re: dylan radio easy access
Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:09 pm View user's profile Send private message
Little wanderer

Post Reply with quote
I would say Silvio perfectly told why DR is so special.
It,s always joyful to meet other Dylan-fans here and besides
listen to music it,s fun to communicate in the box with so many
nice people. Cool

Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:48 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
dylantube

Post Reply with quote
So I can hand DJ responsibilities over to the walrus. I like being looked after:)

Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:16 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Juliane

Post Reply with quote
When all else fails, it's the perfect escape.

A safe harbor, every time.

Home.

Thanks.

Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:04 am View user's profile Send private message
Cony
Roadie

Post Reply with quote
Yes, very cosy place, this radio, indeed!
Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:57 am View user's profile Send private message
Freewheelin

Post Reply with quote
Well I have to say I like Dylan Radio cause the theme hour it
is too much. To listen to cuts I never heard before.
Great spot to come to and listen. Very Happy

Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:34 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

Reply to topic    www.DylanRadio.com Forum Index » DylanRadio.com Forums All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: