RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
OH MY GOD! NOOOOOOOO......

Reply to topic    www.DylanRadio.com Forum Index » DylanRadio.com Forums View previous topic
View next topic

OH MY GOD! NOOOOOOOO......
Wilbur
Dylan Addict

Post OH MY GOD! NOOOOOOOO...... Reply with quote
Right now I'm completely down, devastated and crushed, sad and peeved at myself at the same time. But even that can just give you a glimpse of how I'm feeling... Thing is...what I thought to be converting problem from camcorder to pc turns out to be the result of recording problems. When I finally found the main information about solving the would-be converting problem this evening, I had to face there was nearly nothing there to convert. The camcorder didn't record! I only checked if there is something once but didn't about how big the files were. And I checked one of the two SDHC cards if the video runs and it did...but that was the only performance recorded...and as if it wasn't enough to miss three of four performances (not to speak about the Allstar/encore part)...the recorded one is the WilBurt one...believe me, I'd love to interchange... I have absolutely no clue what went wrong. As far as I remember I recorded it the same way four times... And I watched the counters for batteries and recording time the whole evening...

I hope all the musicians won't be too angry with me...same goes for the listeners here, of course...
One reason to 'camcord' the whole thing was to increase chances for finding places, sponsors (that will be necessary next time, I guess) and of course musicians - not to speak about the effect on the interested but undecided lurkers. To make everything as sure as possible, I spent a lot of money on buying a really good camcorder, two(!) spare rechargeable batteries, a pretty good external microphone some memory cards...Jeeeze...can't believe it... Everything was there and I cocked it up nonetheless...*screeeeeeaaaam*...

Fortunately the mixer did a good job with the audio recordings...just a very few songs are not well and/or completely recorded...thank BOb that I didn't waive to bring an audio recorder (just because of the camcorder recording)...oh well...

Sad Sad Confused Mad Sad Crying or Very sad

Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:24 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Steve The Face
Dylanite

Post shit can happen Reply with quote
If there is a recording from the PA, you can give an impression to the listeners of the event.

Pity, but those who do nothing can not do something wrong.

Steve
Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:32 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Cony
Roadie

Post Reply with quote
Dear Wilbur, don't worry, you tried your best.
As Steve says: shit happens!
We have the audios, we have some photos, and we will have (I hope so very much!!!!!) the next BobBash!
Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:39 am View user's profile Send private message
Joker

Post Reply with quote
Sad to hear that, Wilbur.
You can always make some videos using the music from the PA and putting the fotos as a picture show.
Of course that want be the same as "the real thing", but we all could see a little bit of the show, maybe?
The audio sounded great anyway.
Joker
Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:00 am View user's profile Send private message
Walrus
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
I feel your pain, bro. Happens all the time. I have a friend whose had this happen so often, he now arranges to have three cameras at every event, even if they're just someone in the audience recording. I can't count the number of times a video or audio recording has choked on me.

Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:48 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Steve The Face
Dylanite

Post no video's - ... Reply with quote
But there're some nice recordings to add to the song pool !
Oh Lord let's swimm in a sea of great Dylan songs from the BBB-2010...
Up to the boss, now...
Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:54 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Steve The Face
Dylanite

Post some do shoot the DJ Reply with quote
What an idea Marz , to shoot the cameraman !
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:24 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website

Reply to topic    www.DylanRadio.com Forum Index » DylanRadio.com Forums All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: