RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Barbara Allen

Reply to topic    www.DylanRadio.com Forum Index » DylanRadio.com Forums View previous topic
View next topic

Barbara Allen
Sarajtr
Roadie

Post Barbara Allen Reply with quote
I would love to know what you think about the person who wrote this beautiful everlasting song. The author is not known but if he were, what do you think he was about, why did he write it without his name being attached? What do you think his story beyond what he writes in the song? What does it leave to your own imagination?

I have a pure love for the song in it's own form and in the form sung by Dylan and others. A whole beautiful colorful imagery comes to my mind when I listen to this that must be the most beautiful heartfelt love song ever...or at least among the very few to match it in history.

I hope to hear what it means to each of you in any way you relate. Poetry is very welcome as a way to relate your feelings about the song, the author, and/or the players i.e. Barbry Allen and the relationships she had with all who knew her and some who loved her. xoxoxo ;p Always...Sara

Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:30 pm View user's profile Send private message
DYLAN_FAN666

Post BABS Allen Reply with quote
Hello Sarah. Barbara Allen is a very old song. Go to http://www.csufresno.edu/folklore/BalladIndex.html scroll to Barbara Allen then click on Bonny Barbara Allen. I think the author name is lost in the past, no copyright laws back then. Perhaps he was setting a old story (folktale) to song. I recall that thirty years ago i had a music catalog listing an album with 28 versions of Barbara Allen. I still regret not buying a copy.
Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:09 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Eldrock

Post Reply with quote
Porky Pig sang the first verse of this song in the cartoon where Daffy Duck portrays Robin Hood. Unfortunately, I cannot find a clip of it anywhere.

Sun May 22, 2011 9:55 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Wilbur
Dylan Addict

Post Reply with quote
Well, at least, here's a clip that proves you right, Eldrock. It's the (very short) part at the very end of this outtake clip:

Wed May 25, 2011 9:00 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website

Reply to topic    www.DylanRadio.com Forum Index » DylanRadio.com Forums All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: