RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Theme Time Radio Hour Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic    www.DylanRadio.com Forum Index » DylanRadio.com Forums View previous topic
View next topic

Theme Time Radio Hour
edie
Dylan Addict

Post Theme Time Radio Hour Reply with quote
Looking for Theme Time fans to discuss this great show! Any takers? Listening right now! The promo for The Wonderful World of Color/Disney--love the nostalgia!
Fri May 09, 2008 9:23 pm View user's profile Send private message
Mutch820
Roadie

Post Reply with quote
Hi Edie!

I live for Wednesdays! One of the advantages of my job is I'm out in the field most days. My kids got me XM radio for Father's day three years ago and Laura told me about the show right after it came on for the first time. So I'm able to drive around all day and listen to it and love it. Sometimes several times over. (Wow, what a crack up! It's starting right now on walrus Radio!) I think it's my favorite thing on the radio. I don't have a favorite show though because they're all different.

Great topic!

Jim
Sun May 11, 2008 9:10 pm View user's profile Send private message
edie
Dylan Addict

Post Reply with quote
Hi Jim! Other than Walrus, you're the 2nd person on the face of the Earth who I know listens and loves Theme Time. I recently had a review published in my local paper (DemocratandChronicle.com). Until I found it here, I was dying every week that I was missing it--trying to sign up for the on-line XM free trial, but that didn't work out for mechanical reasons. After that I lost the faith about subscribing. So getting it twice daily here is GOLD for me, as I bow to the big man on campus, Walrus. Very Happy I cannot believe some of the fantastic songs that are played--all I can say--I dance a lot because they are so enlivening. One comment from the show I read on the web that Dylan made was: "Camels can go a long time without water, but they want to see a menu right away!" Very Happy

Thanks for responding.

edie
Sun May 11, 2008 10:17 pm View user's profile Send private message
Mutch820
Roadie

Post Reply with quote
My absolutley favorite quote:

"The harmonica is the world's best selling musical instrument. You're welcome." Wink

Jim
Tue May 13, 2008 4:16 pm View user's profile Send private message
edie
Dylan Addict

Post Reply with quote
Back Pages is playing now--I LOVE that young voice! But I digress, Jim. So the harmonica isn't the world's best-selling instrument? Why not? Razz
Tue May 13, 2008 6:35 pm View user's profile Send private message
edie
Dylan Addict

Post Reply with quote
Jim I love that pacing animule. Are you a pacer? Laughing
Tue May 13, 2008 6:37 pm View user's profile Send private message
Mutch820
Roadie

Post Reply with quote
No, the harmonica IS the worlds best selling instrument!

The cat is:

Felix the cat
The wonderful, wonderful cat
Whenever he gets in a fix
He reaches into his bag of tricks

Felix the cat
The wonderful, wonderful cat
You'll laugh so much your sides will ache
Your heart will go pit-a-pat
Watching Felix the wonderful cat

Jim
Tue May 13, 2008 10:22 pm View user's profile Send private message
edie
Dylan Addict

Post Reply with quote
I wasn't in the mood to fight with the shout box re getting axed my first try, so here I am. I wanted to give a hurray for Judy Collin's cover of "Daddy....On My Mind"; the emotion is there, the guitar is fantastic, if the voice is a tad piercing.

I'd love to hear comments on Dylan sayig in his "You've Got to Serve Somebody"--"you can call me Bobby or you can call me Zimmy..." Is it his sense of humor coming through? His warm side? For a change he's giving me something to think about. Very Happy

And remember: Walrus said we don't have to stay on topic. Wink
Fri May 16, 2008 1:01 pm View user's profile Send private message
edie
Dylan Addict

Post Reply with quote
I walked out of the room during Theme Time tonight; was it Dylan's son who was applauding his dad? Jakob maybe? Anyone? Very Happy
Fri May 16, 2008 9:24 pm View user's profile Send private message
edie
Dylan Addict

Post Reply with quote
On 2nd thought, Dylan would never let his kid come on and applaud him! These brain schisms must stop!
Fri May 16, 2008 9:58 pm View user's profile Send private message
edie
Dylan Addict

Post Reply with quote
I almost hate to devluge this, but I read that the emails on Theme Time are fake! Now would that really surprise us that Bobby was playin' with our heads? Laughing
Sun May 18, 2008 11:37 am View user's profile Send private message
edie
Dylan Addict

Post Reply with quote
Just re-read your post about the harmonica, Jim, and I remembered that my brother, Bob (deceased) used to play a harmonica in his teens and it would inspire our dog, Whitie (Collie-Spitz), to start wailing with his snout in a vertical position. Did we ever get a kick out of that.

Does anyone else think Dylan may have been pals with Tiny Tim? Tiny Tim sure seemed to be mimic ing Bob, that's my impression anyways. And didn't Tiny even put on white face like the Master? I'm sure Bob was no stranger to weirdness. Wink [/b][/i]

Last edited by edie on Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sun May 18, 2008 9:51 pm View user's profile Send private message
Mutch820
Roadie

Post Reply with quote
http://expectingrain.com/dok/who/t/tinytim.html

Jim
Mon May 19, 2008 6:48 am View user's profile Send private message
edie
Dylan Addict

Post Reply with quote
Thanks a heap Jim! All my suspicians confirmed! Fascinating info! So there was a club in the Village called Cafe Bizarre. Smile (I think that was the name.) And Tiny Tim's dress described as "haute-coutoure bum." Funny. But it seems Dylan got the white face from T.T. and not the other way around. Cool

Thanks again! Have a good week![/b]
Mon May 19, 2008 8:23 am View user's profile Send private message
edie
Dylan Addict

Post Reply with quote
I was just thinkin (fair warning): If Dylan never did another thing, Theme Time would be the icing on a forever cake--another timeless accomplishment!
Mon May 19, 2008 8:32 am View user's profile Send private message

Reply to topic    www.DylanRadio.com Forum Index » DylanRadio.com Forums All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: