RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
...not that eager to make a mistake (Post Song Info Errors) Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic    www.DylanRadio.com Forum Index » DylanRadio.com Forums View previous topic
View next topic

...not that eager to make a mistake (Post Song Info Errors)
Walrus
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Wilbur wrote:
It's about If You Say Her Say Hello from Genuine Bootleg Series Volume 3

I just heard a few seconds of the song but I don't think it was what it's said to be. Would you please check that...

In the song infos are infos about the Bootleg but no lyrics so I wonder what infos you definitely want to see in the song infos (and in what order).

Thanx in advance for checking!

Yes, it's the right song, so I'm not sure what few seconds you must've heard. Smile The lyrics aren't in there because of a punctuation variant between the song titles, so my little "fill in empty lyrics with known lyrics" script didn't work. I'll correct it at some point.

Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:27 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
kasal

Post Blowin' in the wind verses in wrong order Reply with quote
The lyrics for "Blowin' in the wind" is not accurate: the order of teh verses does not match the order in which they are performed, at least in most of the recordings.
2nd verse starts "... mountain exists" and the closing of the 3rd verse is "...too many people have died".
Could you please change the order?

Wikipedia explains why this happened:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blowin%27_in_the_Wind

BTW: wikipedia mentions there is a recording of the original two-verse version circulating among people. Is it possible that some of the inhabitants here could dig that from somewhere?
Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:35 am View user's profile Send private message
Walrus
Site Admin

Post Re: Blowin' in the wind verses in wrong order Reply with quote
kasal wrote:
The lyrics for "Blowin' in the wind" is not accurate: the order of teh verses does not match the order in which they are performed, at least in most of the recordings.
2nd verse starts "... mountain exists" and the closing of the 3rd verse is "...too many people have died".
Could you please change the order?

Nice catch, kasal. Sometimes, a song is so familiar that I never bothered to check the lyrics. I've made the change.

Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:31 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
kasal

Post Re: Blowin' in the wind verses in wrong order Reply with quote
Walrus wrote:
Nice catch, kasal. Sometimes, a song is so familiar that I never bothered to check the lyrics. I've made the change.

Thanks. I'm so proud of myself, I'm going to use "the one who corrected blowin-in-the-wind" as my middle name!
I also noticed you changed "pretending" to "An' pretend" which seems to appear often. Thanks for your care!
I can propose yet another nit: consider parenthising "(Yes 'n')" because there are many recordings where it cannot be heard at all.
Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:58 am View user's profile Send private message
idiotwind

Post Reply with quote
just stumbled over this one: the info on "i threw it all away" from the album "yesterday" with george harrison has the "idiot wind" lyrics. here's the link: http://www.dylanradio.com/songinfo.php?songid=47257

cheers,
idiot wind
Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:58 am View user's profile Send private message
Wilbur
Dylan Addict

Post Reply with quote
idiotwind wrote:
just stumbled over this one: the info on "i threw it all away" from the album "yesterday" with george harrison has the "idiot wind" lyrics. here's the link: http://www.dylanradio.com/songinfo.php?songid=47257

cheers,
idiot wind

Fixed!

Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:15 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
idiotwind

Post Reply with quote
Wilbur wrote:
idiotwind wrote:

cheers,
idiot wind

Fixed!

could be a problem with all the "i threw it all away" lyrics - found it again on hard rain: http://www.dylanradio.com/songinfo.php?songid=32738
Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:01 am View user's profile Send private message
Wilbur
Dylan Addict

Post Reply with quote
idiotwind wrote:
Wilbur wrote:
idiotwind wrote:

cheers,
idiot wind

Fixed!

could be a problem with all the "i threw it all away" lyrics - found it again on hard rain: http://www.dylanradio.com/songinfo.php?songid=32738

Yep, you're right!
Completely fixed now. But without checking out the lyric changes/short versions. It's all the same lyrics so far.

Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:55 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
charlie1965

Post Reply with quote
Heard yesterday "One Too Many Mornings" from "The Metropolitan Pops Orchestra", but the melody seemed to be "The Times They Are A-Changin'" ...
Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:26 am View user's profile Send private message
Wilbur
Dylan Addict

Post Reply with quote
Ok, I told the orchestra not to play f***in' wrong anymore... Cool

Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:43 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Wilbur
Dylan Addict

Post Reply with quote
But seriously:

Well, I requested both OTMM and TTTAAC for a check and - although I was a little distracted when the versions came up - everything sounded right to me... Shocked

Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:39 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
charlie1965

Post Reply with quote
Hm ... for me it sounded like "Times" but maybe I'm wrong ... thanks for the check!
Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:28 am View user's profile Send private message
Archer

Post Reply with quote
SIMWTMBA from 10-11-2002, Berkley, CA

Lyrics are from idiot wind
Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:00 pm View user's profile Send private message
Wilbur
Dylan Addict

Post Reply with quote
Archer wrote:
SIMWTMBA from 10-11-2002, Berkley, CA

Lyrics are from idiot wind

Thanx, Archer!

All 42 versions are fixed now (kinda fixin' to die rag, that was...lol), and the notation is harmonized, too, btw.
I wrote "(official lyrics)" in front of the lyrics of 41 versions. No. 42 has "(exact lyrics)".
I suggest to use these two descriptions in general to make clear what you'll get to read.
We can complete the songlist step by step. No need to hurry...

Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:43 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Walrus
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Wilbur wrote:
All 42 versions are fixed now (kinda fixin' to die rag, that was...lol), and the notation is harmonized, too, btw.
I wrote "(official lyrics)" in front of the lyrics of 41 versions. No. 42 has "(exact lyrics)".
I suggest to use these two descriptions in general to make clear what you'll get to read.
We can complete the songlist step by step. No need to hurry...

When you hit one of those "42 versions have the lyrics to some other song" let me know, because I can do a little something at the MySQL level about that.

Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:55 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website

Reply to topic    www.DylanRadio.com Forum Index » DylanRadio.com Forums All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: