RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
How Did You Come To Love Dylan? Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Reply to topic    www.DylanRadio.com Forum Index » DylanRadio.com Forums View previous topic
View next topic

How Did You Come To Love Dylan?
Miguelitomama

Post How did you come to love Dylan? Reply with quote
I grew up in Dallas, Texas and by high school, the 60s were long gone and the radio was killing us with Loggins and Messina, Bread, Boz Scaggs, America etc. I felt very alienated, and couldn't find anything I could relate to in all of that corporate, mass-marketed pablum. And I wanted out of Dallas. I wanted to be in the Village in the 60s, which was of course, impossible. As was my wish to have been at Woodstock.

One night I was watching Johnny Carson with my parents. It was the summer before my senior year in high school. Joan Baez was a guest, and she sang "Diamonds and Rust." I had a big adolescent crush. So, as I started accumulating her albums, I heard Dylan. And, of course, I heard a few Dylan songs on the radio occasionally. Especially, "Like a Rolling Stone." I bought "Highway 61," and that was it. I was hooked.

And I got to see the Rolling Thunder Review that year.

"You sit around and ask for ash trays, why don't you reach?"

I wish I could one day hear, "Thin Wild Mercury Music."

Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:21 pm View user's profile Send private message

Reply to topic    www.DylanRadio.com Forum Index » DylanRadio.com Forums All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: